Marketing Outcome - Outcome 2


In this post I focused on creating an online advertisement that will be used in conjunction with my first collection. This form of online advertisement can often be seen situated on certain websites. In some cases, advertisements can appear due to the build-up of online cookies. As previously discussed these cookies capture your recent internet searches and then display advertisements relating to them. Essentially online advertisements have the same effect as physical billboards, however you can target your audience better. Many online advertisements attempt to reflect current promotions that the company is offering to the consumer, other forms of advertisements leave the consumer intrigued whilst wanting to find out more. An example of an online advertisement is displayed below. 


Online Advertisement (Source: Screenshot by Blog Author)


The advertisement above is promoting a special offer, it intends for the consumer to read the message in order to understand the promotion. I have used this size of advertisement within my own design as I feel it works well with the product imagery I have and the idea of minimalism which I have tried to keep. Personally, I feel the above advertisement is slightly cluttered and I tried to avoid this within my work. On many online advertisement’s hyperlinks are added which direct the consumer towards the product being displayed, in this advertisement the hyperlink button is displayed on the bottom left of the box. Some online advertisements attempt to use straplines to give the consumer a background. I have not used a strapline within my own online advertisement as I think it would over-complicate the design, however I may look into this within my billboard piece.





My online advertisement outcome is displayed above. With this advertisement I have tried to reflect the minimalist nature that you see through my brand, I have done with the use of white space. I have chosen an image which displays the specific cut of the garment well and involves the model looking directly forward. Whilst maximising the overall white space, I have not added a lot of text to the advertisement as I feel it doesn’t necessarily need it and it would only take attention away from the product image. I have included a hyperlink on my advertisement, this hyperlink would take you directly to the brand website. As shown above I have positioned this advertisement on a day-to-day emailing platform, this type of targeting will ensure I gain the most amount of clicks as possible on a daily basis furthermore the emailing service also supports my target age range.

Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome of my online advertisement. I specifically like the simplicity of the design and that is steers away from the mass market of cluttered online advertisements you currently see. If I were to improve on this design I would possibly think about altering the hyperlink button so that it refers more to a clothing range. This alteration may give the consumer more of an inkling of what the advertisement is representing. Moving forward I will now attempt to create my billboard design. This will operate in a slightly similar manner to the online advertisement, yet at a much bigger scale. After this billboard design I will then create the animated alternative.