Marketing Outcome - Outcome 3 & 4


I have now reached the final stages of my second submission. In this post I focused on creating the billboard piece for my brand marketing. To create this billboard, I began by researching how a typical fashion billboard looks. From my findings I noticed that the content on the billboard is kept to a minimal, and everything centres around the main image. White, is a colour that is used often as it contrasts well with pretty much any physical background. The location of these billboards is also key, the billboard must be positioned in a specific area so that it attracts the desired target audience I had to keep this in mind when creating my design. Some particular billboards take advantage of the white space used within a design, this technique attracts the consumers eye towards other aspects of the design therefore making the legislation easier. My final billboard outcome can be seen below. 





My final billboard outcome is displayed above. With this billboard I have tried to keep the aesthetics that you see within other fashion billboards in my own design. I have matched the style used within my other brand media and marketing. This billboard centres around the main model image which is also used in my online marketing banner. I decided to reuse the model image as I feel it is very strong due to the poisoning of the model’s head.  I have added branding towards the bottom left of the billboard, ensuring I do not take anything away from the main focus. I accompanied the logo with the hypothetical website address for my brand. This website address would attempt to drive traffic towards my site. I decided to position my billboard in a London Underground setting, this ensures that a mass amount of people will view the billboard many of which who are in my target age demographic.


In the link above you can find my digital billboard response. This outcome shows how my billboard will work in a digitalised setting. Many locations use digital billboards as it allows adverting reels to be displayed. Digital billboards often focus on subtle animation, sound would not be used as it may not be heard in some busy location. In this digital billboard I have decided to fade my logo and model image onto the screen, whereas my website address is revealed gradually. This type of animation works well with the minimalist design approach. Aside from positioning my work in the London Underground these billboards could also be located on a shopping high street or a city centre, these particular locations will also allow the brand to reach its target audience. This type of animation could further be used in an online setting, the billboard artwork could serve as a running animation on my website or it could be used as an animated web advertisement. 

I am very pleased with the outcome of my two billboard designs. These outcomes complete the set and show how I would market my brand using both online and print based media. If I were to alter these billboards I would begin by possibly adding the price to the design, which is similar to the work of H&M. Within my animation I would ensure the website address is faded onto the screen at the same time and in the same effect as the logo. These alterations are something I could possible focus on further down the line if I insist to register my brand. I have now completed the final stage in my second submission. This major project was initially challenging for me as I had never done anything like this before, however throughout my time on the Graphic Design MA I have learnt many new things. I've truly enjoyed my time on the course and completing this project amongst other modules. During this Graphic Design MA I believe I have become a more well rounded graphic designer, I will now take my skillset into my the field.