Self Reflection - Transition 2 Conference



The Transition 2 conference was held on the 11th & 12th April at the University of Huddersfield. This event was orchestrated to show projects revolving around the topic of material revolution and included guest speakers. I really wanted to attend this conference however I received no communication from Jo what so ever. This meant I didn’t know where I needed to be or the time that I had to be there.

My group was meant to present on the Wednesday evening I believe, however Jack had gone home for Easter so that meant I would have to do it on my own. I was happy to do this, yet I didn’t have any details of when or where I should be presenting my research poster. This was quite annoying as I had gone to all the efforts of creating and printing it out. This breakdown in communication only adds to the overall feeling I have had throughout this module, we have been left to our own devices throughout with nothing but a task sheet to keep us on track which we received 3 weeks into the module.

It is a shame I didn’t get to attend the conference as I really wanted to present my groups research, even if I had to do it on my own. Aside from this me and Jack will now be preparing for our final hand in and presentation which takes place after the Easter holidays. In the final presentation task, I will be focusing on creating the document whilst Jack contributes to towards some of the body text that is displayed on each slide. 

Moving on from this setback me and Jack have both had talks around setting up our own workshop day. This workshop will host local designer and get them to respond to the issues caused by industry 4.0 through there own speculative briefs. This is something we may want to do in the future as part of our major projects.