Self Reflection - Research Poster



During the Easter break I focused on the creation of the research poster. It was essential that I created this and printed it by the conference date so that it could be used on our stand. With the research poster I tried to portray the project in the best way I could. I did this by focusing on 7 key sections, these were: Abstract, Introduction, Objectives, Aim, Key Research Questions, Research Methodology, References. With these sections I was sure that the potential audience could gauge a good understanding of our project idea. I have attached the final poster below.






I created the poster from scratch adding all the necessary body text myself. I used a box section design so that the information could be easily read and digested. At first, I was quite sceptical around the size of the font, but this turned out to be fine once printed. I chose a subtle background that you can hardly see behind the text, so that It does not take anything away from the documents readability.

Overall, I was very pleased with the research poster. I confirmed the outcome with Jack and Jo who were both pleased. I personally feel it looks professional and does exactly what it should. I printed the poster on A1 semi-gloss paper during the Easter break at the print bureau in the university. I did initially receive some hesitations by the staff at the bureau as the poster included the university logo however, once I explained what it was for and that Jo insisted the logo must be included in the poster there were no doubts towards copyright.