Group Meeting - Easter Role Delegation



As the Easter break was quickly approaching I felt it was suited to hold another group meeting. In this group meeting I wanted to make sure Jack and myself understood what we would be focusing on throughout these final stages of the module. Essentially or deadline was determined mostly by the conference date which was the 11th April. I wanted to have completed most aspects by this date so that we could showcase or research.

Myself and Jack came to the agreement that I would focus on the production and printing of the research poster. I feel my talents within the group are centred around layout and this is why I produced the idea pitch presentation, so this was the ideal role for me. Jack prefers the writing aspect a lot more therefore, he decided to focus on adding more content to the Wix website whenever he could.

I feel having our own roles was the ideal approach as this spread the workload across the group. I was very sceptical around trusting Jack with adding more research to the website as I was afraid he would slip back into creating content based around a personal opinion, rather than a collective. From this I have discovered that when working in a team I must have the ability to trust my teammates, I am very used to working on my own that this has made me want to handle tasks by myself when it's not necessary.