Direction & Treatments (Part 4)



In this stage of the direction and treatments task it was time to create my own frames to be used within my app. With my frame it was essentially that it told a direct story within the functionality of the app. It was further essential to match the styles of all the other existing screens within the app. After much debate on how I could possibly show the use of frames within my app I took inspiration from my research on frames. I decided to show frames through the use of app option buttons.





I am pleased with the outcome of these two frames. The style is very simple however, simplicity is what has been shown through the whole app therefore it mixes well. The models used within the frame are royalty free images just like all the other product images in the application. If I were to develop this idea I could add frames referring to different styles of seasons such the hottest pick of the summer or staff choice. I would also attempt to hire the photography studio out and try to capture my own model images for the frames. This task has opened my eyes to how frames could potentially be utilised within my final major project. I could use frames in my final major project through the idea of brand advertisement posters or online images, these could all support the look book.

https://invis.io/QWGOXWZPNKC#/289344386_Splash

The above link will direct you towards my final app design. I have mocked this app up briefly using InVision. Hopefully you can gauge a good understanding of the gestures within the app.