DTT Intern Test (UX Design Extension)


During this year I have been actively looking for graduate design jobs. DTT is a digital design agency based in Amsterdam. This week DTT has asked me if I could complete an intern test in order to progress to the next stage of selection. The company focuses on UI / UX design in games, mobile and web applications. As we have recently been looking into UX design within the module I felt it would be appropriate to include my outcome in my reflection blog as an extension of my learning process around this style of design.

The brief DTT set required me to produce a mobile app for Starbucks. This app had to show a loyalty system and a way in which customers could order products to specific stores. I was given a week to produce this workflow which can be seen by following the link to my OneDrive.



Before I began the task, I had to produce relevant research around Starbucks and what colour scheme I was going to use. This research could not be documented like the type of research that is produced in University due to the tight deadline. Once I had a clear understanding of what I was going to create I used Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create my UX screens. Each thing I did within this brief had to be recorded on an hourly work sheet. Hourly work sheets are what many agency’s use to track how much work has been put into the brief.

Overall, I am pleased with my outcome. Granted it is not the best piece of work I have produced however I feel I need to improve my skills for working under tight deadlines as I am too comfortable with the process of having a long period of time to create something through the University system. I have however, picked up some useful techniques from this such as creating the workflow for an app and annotating what each button does.