App & UX Design (Part 5 - 6) Development 1



After much reflection on my outcome from the UX design task series I have come to the conclusion that it must be developed into something more substantial. My concept for the app is to appear as a marketplace in which sellers can distribute their clothing products. Before these products can be sold on the mobile app they have to be assessed by the company in order to ensure its legibility of being sustainable.

With my app design I would like to start again from the beginning. I feel my first attempt was good however it did not have a brand feel to it. In order to build an app around a brand I must first create the brand. With my brand I wanted the image of a clothing hanger to be incorporated in the logo, I also wanted it to play on the words of sustainable or eco. I sketched my logo ideas roughly out onto graph paper, in which I then decided upon a final design.







I decided to go with the name Hangco, playing on both the hanger and eco wording. Overall, I am pleased with the outcome of my final logo. I feel the incorporation of the clothing hanger balances out the custom text well. The logo is also scalable, so it can be read at various sizes. From this logo design I must now build my developed app design. I have not included colour within this logo as I am still thinking of a scheme however, I know I would like to use pastel colours variations. These colours will give a young youthful feel to my app whereas my first app variation was mostly black and white flat colouring.