App & UX Design (Part 5 - 6) Development 2



Now that I have a partial branding behind my app I can create my screens. With my screens I wanted to show them around a workflow concept. I discovered this technique from my Intern test with DTT and it is an effective way of showing the functions of an app. With this development app I treated it like a live brief in which I gave myself 2 days to create a set number of screens. This limit meant all working out had to be done as I built the app screens therefore, no initial sketches where done. Sometimes I prefer moving straight to digital as I can experiment a lot quicker with composition and layout.

In my app I focused on 8 key screens. These screens where a: splash, menu, main feed, product information, sizing, product information extension, seller profile and shopping cart. I feel this selection of screens can get my point across effectively. I have attached my final workflow below.





Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome of these screens. The colour scheme is something I have developed along the way however, I feel I have hit my initial target of using pastel colours and appearing youthful. If I were to develop this app even further I would possibly elaborate the seller screen through explaining its purpose and showing how you can interact and leave product reviews however, I feel for now it is good enough. As I was creating the splash screen for this mobile app I wondered if I could potentially incorporate a loading aspect into my logo design. My attempt can be seen in the following Vimeo link.


I decided to use the hanger part of my logo as the loading aspect. I created this short animation using Adobe After Effects. Essentially it is a masking technique that fools the viewer into thinking the image is being drawn onto the screen. This logo animation could potentially be used in any part of my app loading phase.