3 Is the Magic Number (Part 3)



For my second outcome, I decided to use screen printing. I wanted to do this as I will be looking at this method within my Major Project. Screen printing is essentially working around a stencil to create an image onto any surface. Fashion artists such as Virgil Abloh utilise this technique a lot. For my outcome, I wanted to print my logo onto fabric, this would give me a good idea of what it may look like on a garment. The outcome to my screen print is shown below.





Overall, I am happy with this outcome. I have never tried screen printing before, but I am now familiar with the process. One thing I noted for future reference is that the screens within the university do not have a very high mesh count therefore, fine details are hard to pick up. Within my Major Project if I am wanting to print onto fabric garments I will need to use a printing agent so that the print does not fade. This outcome is my favourite from the bunch as it has helped me to understand what I can and can’t do with the process.