App & UX Design (Part 1 - 3)



Within this new task we were challenged with creating a form of UX design. This design had to relate in some way to our major project. To start this project, we began by reviewing existing apps such as Snapchat, Instagram and YouTube. With the knowledge of how an app should look like it was time to produce three ideas of what my app will be about. To do this I created three separate mind maps for my thoughts, these are displayed bellow.









From my three ideas I am most found of the concept of creating a sustainable marketplace in which users can shop for sustainable garments made by creators. As I have explained, anybody can be a creator on this platform and if their products are good buyers can rate them therefore the creator’s status rises within the app. To ensure the products on the app are 100% sustainable they require a screening process before they make it to the app. This app will be very similar to the techniques used my ASOS Marketplace or Etsy however, I do not know any platform that caters for the sustainable market. From these Ideas I will now move onto how my app could potentially look through the use of sketches.