Study Focus



Within my Major Project I need to establish a way of portraying innovative design in order for my work to be truly successful.  Sustainability is a large study area with a number of different outcomes. From my research within my Project Proposal it was clear to see how most of the outcomes within the topic were very repetitive. In my Major Project, I would like to focus on building a sustainable streetwear brand. I want to do this as I have never worked with clothing before however, I really like the process behind it.

From research, I have discovered that streetwear is on the rise, the younger generation is driving this this notion. The use of screen-printing is very predominant within these brands. This is something I would like to try. I want to focus on a sustainable clothing brand as I feel clothing I very overlooked when It comes to the topic of sustainability. Research shows that individuals are more likely to buy into sustainable clothing brands rather than regular non-sustainable organisations. This is shown below in a short Youtube video.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=aAdDAS6XFxE

This video discusses the materials that go into a sustainable clothing line. It further reflects individual’s negative thoughts towards non-sustainable brands. From this it is clear to see that if people can make a change, they will. In order to create a successful brand, I must access what other organisations are already out there.