Brief 08 - Rubbing



In this brief, we were split into groups and sent out across the university campus with the aim of creating rubbings using a graphite stick. These rubbings came from different textures / surfaces we found on our journey. Our aim was to create a piece of abstract design. I enjoyed this as it allowed me to come away from digital aids within design as this Is something I don’t do often. Rubbing allowed me to get creative with no pressure of making any mistakes.


This task was fun, it primarily taught me that everything doesn’t have to be digitalised for it to look good. This could later have an impact on my project. Overall, I found my outcome to be very effective as I enjoyed working with the different textures. The only downside to my work is that it did not fill the A2 sheet. ­­