Brief 07 - Library Derive



Within my seventh brief I was tasked with filling a wall section in the Postgraduate Suite with my initial thoughts surrounding my project and who I thought I was as a designer. This was subject to a “Library Derive” in which I would go and look at relative design based books and allow my mind to wander around the possibilities of design concepts. With this I hoped to be influenced by the material that I was looking at. At this point I was not sure of the concepts I wanted to pursue however, it would allow me to gain a better understanding of the different types of design that may later be used within my Major Project. The “Library Derive” also allowed me to understand who I am as a designer.

Looking at the images that I photocopied in the library, it is clear to see how they may cause confusion. To a point I was not entirely sure as to where some of the material would fit into my work however, I wanted to focus on the ideology of: Branding, Layout, Typography. With this ideology, I also tried to incorporate the project theme of sustainability into my wall piece.




I had collected many different prints, including typographical based images. I further collected images relating to the environment this was to ensure it had a direct link to my Major Project. I now feel that some areas of this collation are not critically relative to my project direction. I feel that it is vitally important to point out that I have progressed from these findings whilst my current thoughts have been influenced by my wall.