Typography Stories Development



As I could not attend the loops in After Effects workshop I thought it would be fitting for me to reflect on the process of animation boiling within my typography stories task. I tried to further think about the rule of thirds used within a frame. The rule of thirds is applied by aligning a subject with the guide lines and their intersection points, placing the horizon on the top or bottom line, or allowing linear features in the image to flow from section to section. I used the following image from my direction and treatments task to guide me through this process.


CHANEL Boutiques Brand Advertisement (Source: Chanel, 2017)



From reflection on this image I managed to alter the layout of my typography story outcome. I altered this design in a way that comes across as an advertisement, like the type you would see on an interactive billboard. I included my branding I produced within my app design as I felt it would make sense to do so. You can view my final animation in the following link below.


Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome of this development. I feel using the technique of animation boiling was the correct idea as it makes my learning current, rather than reflecting on my old work even though that can be beneficial. I feel my use of thirds within the design has made everything flow and takes advantage of the white space within the composition. I can see how this design could be used on a digital billboard within a train station or any other location. If I were to develop this idea I would experiment with the models through possibly using different ethnicities to show equality. I would also use different colours in order to engage younger youthful markets.


References


CHANEL. (2017). Chanel Boutiques Brand Advertisement. [Photograph]. Retrieved from http://essentialhome.eu/inspirations/lifestyle/fashion-luxurious-brands-2016/