App & UX Design (Part 5 - 6)



Now that I have a rough Idea of what I want my app to look like it is now time to create a wireframe. Wireframes are the bases for any app design, it is intended to tell the developer where everything will be positioned on the page. When applying for any job that requires UX Design, wire framing will be a key skill that you must have. To create my wireframe, I have used Adobe Illustrator to map a series of boxes onto the face of an IPhone X. As you can see from my annotations below, each of these boxes represents an area of the app design. Through Utilising this wireframe, I am now ready to create a mock-up of my app based from the two screens seen below.





Using my wireframes as guidance it was now time to create a mock-up of my app. To do this I primarily used Adobe Illustrator. I created every part of the interface from scratch using the Pen Tool. When it came to displaying a product on my app I used a royalty free image of a black t-shirt. After I had created the relevant screens within my app I wanted to show how it would work on a phone. I could potentially do this through the mock-up software InVision however, with it only being to screens the task would be pointless. As I develop this app and gain more screens I will begin to mock it up using InVision.





Overall, I am very pleased with the outcome of my app. I feel the meaning behind it is very strong as it allows creators to be recognised more. Upon market reflection, there also isn’t much concepts like this. The app is still not a finished product at this stage however it has room to grow if I want it to, I could potential incorporate it into my major project. More refinement has to be given towards how I can portray the app through only selling sustainable garments sourced from local creators. This is what will make the app differ from others within the fashion market.